Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Tuesday, March 10, 2015


  • Warm, rain, blustery, occasional lightning, temp: 63, high: 67. Rain & thunderstorms.
  • Today was our monthly Minnesota breakfast at the clubhouse of the Tierra Del Sol golf course. We had about 21 in attendance.
  • Mid morning the guys ran errands: auto parts, auto maintenance, electrical parts - and didn't get home till after 3 o'clock.
  • The rain is gone for a week or so and the sun shone this afternoon with temp at 68.
  • Biking got even a little warm, but I biked 3.4 miles around The Plantation.
  • This afternoon I took a picture of Candy & Dan's trailer that they needed for the title transfer to the new owners. I took the picture, printed it for them, & emailed it to them.
  • Our plans for returning to Minnesota are beginning to firm up, particularly as we gain visibility into the weather here and the weather in Minnesota - that 65 degrees yesterday in the Twin Cities kinda prodded us along. 
  • We are planning to depart here on Thursday, March 19, arriving in Minnesota on Friday, March 20. But I'll keep y'all posted for any change in those plans.
  • This evening Jim & Diane played Bingo at the Hall while I attended the concert described below.
  • Irene gave me her ticket to the McAllen Concert Series where I saw a performance called Live from Nashville. It was a tremendous show of 4 singers plus 5 band members and everyone of them was very talented and energetic. There was only one thing wrong with the whole show, they sang only "Country" songs, I'm just not a fan of country - but I sure enjoyed the staging, the harmony, the energy, the lighting, and even some "old" country songs like Folsom Prison and Orange Blossom Special.
  • Finally, my daughter, Kathy, has had a Honda Pilot for the past 12 years, used it to teach 2 kids to drive, and drove it to work every day. It was the family car for her & Cam. Well it was finally on it's last leg, mechanically. So her & Cam went down to the Nissan dealer and purchased a new Nissan Murano, nice car. I just had to include a picture of Kathy behind the wheel and her new car.



  •  Below is the picture I shot & printed for Candy & Dan who are selling their trailer and moving into Irene's, who moved to a rest home on the 20th.


No comments:

Post a Comment